• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

xts radio not to tx on non Secure ch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssd

can you set up a xts radio not to tx on non Secure ch the xts 2500? thanks vince

XTS3000

You can strap channels secure, so there is no way it will transmit in the clear.

ssd

ok no way to set it to not tx with out it being a encrypted ch only

XTS3000

ssd said:
ok no way to set it to not tx with out it being a encrypted ch only

You can still receive "clear" traffic no problem.

If you strap the channel secure only, it will not let you transmit in the clear.

Maybe I don't understand your question or what your trying to do.......

RocketNJ

I think he doesn't want it to tx at all on non-encrypted channels. Why not just program those non-encrypted channel for rx only?

Simple enough

ssd

trunking i want to put some fd and pd ch in are security radios we have the right to be on the System.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
ssd said:
trunking i want to put some fd and pd ch in are security radios we have the right to be on the System.

Just because you have the "right" to be on the system does nto mean you should be programming your radios for TGs you are not meant to have.

ssd

i am not the guy the taks the radios dos i just want to see if he would do it. if o seid how to do it

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Realize that if they CATCH you with any talkgroup programmed into their radios that you aren't authorized to have in there... it's bye-bye for you. They install what they want you to have, no more. There are plenty of groups in police systems that the beat units are not 'allowed' to have in their radios, for example.

You are intended to be listening to specific talkgroups while working, not 'wandering around' elsewhere. There will be a system record that you were on the other group, and yes, you have to transmit to get on it, with a real, legit on-the-system radio. When you rotate that channel selector, your radio transmits, says 'I'm on this talk group now', and the central controller acknowledges and affiliates you with that group. (among others). There is a log of every channel you affiliate with, and when.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
ssd said:
i am not the guy the taks the radios dos i just want to see if he would do it. if o seid how to do it

Again, please. Only, this time in English.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
If you program a radio, even a legal one, with a parameter that isn't allowed for that particular talk-group is a red flag for the system administrator. I should know because I do get those alerts daily and is justification to disable the radio whether there is an agreement in force of not because if comes across as a rogue radio.

If your agency has an agreement to be a legal user this action will probably violate that agreement. Best for you to use a scanner to monitor these talk-groups.

RolnCode3

There are several users of the same radio system on RR. Some work in communications sections, others know radio techs personally.

The warning has been given. If it went somewhere it's not supposed to, there are numerous people that could take care of it. It sounds like SSD has been given plenty of advisement and it's up to him how to proceed.

ssd

well i did not know that till now i will just keep my PSR-500 at work. thanks for all your help guys.

kb9sxk

ssd said:
well i did not know that till now i will just keep my PSR-500 at work. thanks for all your help guys.

Well played. I am an offical user on a system. It is easier to have a scanner handy that risk your job.

Status
Not open for further replies.