• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

xts1500 and xts3000 p25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIREPHIGHT

i know the xts1500 will work on the p25 digital 800mhz system but will the xts3000? also will the software for the 1500 program the 3000

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
when you say P25 I ASSume you are referring to Astro 25.
The XTS3000 was never designed for Astro 25 networks, though there were a few made with a certain HOST controller version that would.
And the XTS3000 does not support 700MHz.

The XTS1500 uses Astro 25 portable CPS, XTS3000 uses Astro Saber/XTS3000 CPS. Two different CPS packages.

FIREPHIGHT

p25 system

ok never new there was two types of p25 digital systems the (old) astro 25 and the (new) apco p25 we currently are on the apco system with a patch to the vhf system. and the xts3000 will not do the apco p25 system

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
For clarification, the old system is Astro 3600 kb and the new system is Astro 25 9600 kb, both P25 though. Someone correct me on the details though, if I'm off!

Status
Not open for further replies.