• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS1500 Firmware Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Hi Folks,

I would like to update the firmware on my XTS1500. I am not entirely sure what I need as far as iButtons, files, etc. I do program it, but when it comes to actually updating the radio to the latest and greatest, I don't know much. My CPS version is R20.01.00. Currently, I am not able to display time on my screen, nor am I able to have the Channel Announcement enabled.

Thank you!

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
You would need a flash dongle and the firmware file and both are available from Motorola for around $75.00 to do a FW bump. Nothing special is needed to preform the update and is accomplished in CPS.

If I recall the XTS1500 only came in a Model 1.5 that doesn't have any soft keys so you will not have a way to set the clock to the right time so the codeplug should not show it.

The question I have is do you have an A model or a B model? And what FW is currently in the radio because an A model is only capable being brought up to version 9 FW.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Back in July 2016 I was told my Motorola that you can only order FW upgrades for those radios until 12/31/2016. It may be too late.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
I'm pretty sure that was for feature set enhancements. The FW is still available on MOL so all he has to really order is a flash dongle.

He hasn't responded with the model type or his current FW version, so until he does that there is no way to know if a FW update is even worth it.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
I do believe I have a "B" model. The model number is H66KDD9PW5BN. The Portable also says Bravo122, when I enter it into Service Mode.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I'm pretty sure that was for feature set enhancements.

I'm not going to dispute this but I work at an /\/\ shop and called with the question "how long can I get the USB upgrade for firmware dongle for Astro series radios" and I was told 12/31/2016.

If it is still available, you should be able to get it from the Mighty /\/\. If not, you need to get it from someone who might have some dongle upgrades "sitting around".

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
I do believe I have a "B" model. The model number is H66KDD9PW5BN. The Portable also says Bravo122, when I enter it into Service Mode.

Yes you do have a "B" model that can be updated to version 20 FW, the question is when you put into service mode what FW does it show?

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
I'm not going to dispute this but I work at an /\/\ shop and called with the question "how long can I get the USB upgrade for firmware dongle for Astro series radios" and I was told 12/31/2016.

If it is still available, you should be able to get it from the Mighty /\/\. If not, you need to get it from someone who might have some dongle upgrades "sitting around".

Yup...there were a lot left over from Rebanding, but the question is to find someone around him that still has them available.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Host Version: 11.00.01
DSP Version: 11.00.00
8 MEG
Tuning Version: R01.09.11

All I really want to add to it is the channel announcement... :)

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
FW could use a bump, the P25 audio quality made a drastic improvement around version 14 of the FW/DSP. As to adding features, that looks to be off the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.