• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xts1500 vs. Xts3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Okay, Im at a loss, and maybe someone can help me out. I have an XTS1500 that I bought that appears to be in MINT condition for $400 flat. I wanted to use it on the state SD TRS system, but to update the flashcode to work on the system would cost way to much. Now I'm thinking of getting a used XTS3000 for $230 to only use on the analog system to my south. I could keep the XTS1500 to use on the analog only system, but it would save me money just to get the 3000...but the xts1500 is sweet. What would anyone else do in my situation?

mbnv992

I'd also keep the XTS1500. It's a newer radio, and a current product. While it doesn't necessarily have the Flashcode you want, you can still use it for Analog for now.

FIREPHIGHT

i also have a ? about these two radios . we are going to the p25 digital 8oomhz system. i know that the 1500 will do that but what about the 3000? also will the 1500 software program the 3000

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
i also have a ? about these two radios . we are going to the p25 digital 8oomhz system. i know that the 1500 will do that but what about the 3000? also will the 1500 software program the 3000

the 3000, except in a few rare versions, don't support 9600 baud P25 trunking. The XTS3000 also does not support 700MHz.

they do not use the same CPS packages, the XTS1500 is programmed with Astro 25 CPS, RVN4186AD is the mobile/portable combo package.

XTS3000/Astro Saber and Astro Spectra require RVN4184V combo package.

RodStrong

Without any other info, and simply comparing the two models in general, keep the 1500. It is worth the price difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.