• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS2500 - Can't enable service mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaton90

Hi everyone!
As far as I know, if you press the second side button five times within 10 seconds after powering the radio on, you will enter the service mode and will be able to read serial #, flascode and etc. It worked on my XTS1500, XTS3000 and even on WARIS (HT1250)
But I can't enable this mode on my newly bought XTS2500 (mod.# H46QDH9PW7AN, flashcode 501008-0014888, firmware R.06.01.00, DSP R.06.00.00)
Is there a way this mode can be inhibited by the CPS? And what can I do to restore it?
Thanks in advance!

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Sounds like you might have a bad button on the housing. Its rare but it definately does happen.

Also just FYI, your firmware is a bit outdated, i believe those units are up to R14.xx.xx DSP R14.xx.xx
And i just noticed its an AN so your firmware will stop at R09.xx.xx DSP i dont recall what that will stop at.

blaze

Premium Subscriber
Before you conclude that something is wrong with the radio, make sure you're doing it right.

You need to press the bottom-most side button (which is actually the fourth button from the top, if you count the purple button and the PTT button) five times within 10 seconds after the radio is fully powered up (which doesn't happen until half a second or so after you have turned the power switch). If you start too soon the first few button presses might not be counted.

Try powering it up and then just keep pressing the button until you get in service mode or until 10 seconds has elapsed.. You may need to try a few times if you've never sucessfully done it before. If it doesn't happen after a few tries, then you can conclude something is wrong.

Eaton90

blaze, thank you very much!
I tried to push the button a little slower and everything worked just fine :)

Eaton90

Looks like I've got another annoyance with the service mode. Now I can enter it, but the way data scrolls on the display doesn't let me read anything - the lines change too fast. I tried to correct the Slow Scroll Rate - it was 1000 ms and now it is 500 ms - but it's no good...
What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.