• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS2500 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I am looking at purchasing a couple XTS2500 portables off ebay but want to be sure they can be programmed for use on this system:

Canton/Stark County Trunking System, Canton, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

Below is a flashcode form a radio that I currently use on the system (1) and the flashcode of the radios on ebay (2)

Decoding Flashcode: 500008-000410-5
Platform: XTS2500

Q806: ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation
H14: Enhanced Digital ID Display
H38: SmartZone Systems Operation
Q173: SmartZone Omnilink MultiZone Operation
Q575: 3600 Baud Trunking (Analog/Digital Voice)

Decoding Flashcode: 500018-10148C-3

Q806: ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation
H14: Enhanced Digital ID Display
Q883: 3600/9600 Interoperability/Mixed Mode Signalling
H38: SmartZone Systems Operation
G857: FDNY Emergency Rx/Tx Tone Set
Q947: APCO Packet Data Interface
Q173: SmartZone Omnilink MultiZone Operation
Q361: ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking

Can the ebay radios be programmed for this system or will they require a possibly costly flashcode upgrade?

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Furthur Explanation:

I am not trying to pirate-program a radio for this system. I work for a private ambulance company. We were given (3) radios to use on this system by the county sheriff about ten years ago. They came from a post-911 federal grant for interoperability of all ambulances in the county. We use these for mutual aid with the Canton City Fire Department. We have recently added additional ambulances to our fleet but the supply of these radios from the county sheriff is gone. I have been given the blessing of the system administrator to purchase more radios at our own cost and he will allow them to be added to the system. After getting a quote from the local Motorola dealer on new radios, my boss has asked me to explore less expensive options which is why I am going the ebay route.

kf8yk

Decoding Flashcode: 500018-10148C-3

This flash should work fine for your application. In fact this radio also includes P25 trunking so it's got some 'future-proofing' if the system upgrades from Smartzone to P25.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Thanks, I was worried because the ebay radio included every option my radio did with the exception of Q575: 3600 Baud Trunking (Analog/Digital Voice). So I assume that option is covered by one of the others?

Volfirefighter i was not saying you was going to pirate them just a lot of people do try to do this every day and get into trouble sorry if i can out on a wrong way.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
When I reread my original post, I realized I should add an explanation as to why I was asking such questions. I could have gone to the local Motorola dealer, who we will probably get to do the programming, for advice but they are closed for the weekend and may be hesitant to help since I am going around purchasing through them.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
I would verify serial numbers also for the ebay models. A friend ordered 3 this way for a system and when he got them all three had the same serial number in the radio, needless to say the system administrator would not allow them on the system.

XTS-2500 and EBAY

a friend i know got a few of them off Ebay and all 3 where Analog ONLY radios the Flash code was wrong so he had to get them flashed for Digital use.

Status
Not open for further replies.