• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS2500 remote mount question

Status
Not open for further replies.

securitymikey

I have an XTS2500 dash mount that I'm converting to a remote mount. I have taken the head off and put the TIB onto the radio part and the CHIB onto the control head. On the back of the TIB and the CHIB there is a few different outlets for different plugs. On the CHIB I know one is for the power and the other is for the control cable but there are still two other outlets that are unused. On the TIB it is a similar story. I am trying to figure out if I have all the right items to make this work properly. I have the control cable for head,power cord for radio,power cord/speaker wire for head,and of course the antenna coax to the radio. What are the other outlets for? I am guessing I have everything I need but with the additional outlets its making me think I may be missing something. I have set up remote mounts before for other radios but this is a little different than a CDM or MCS. Any ideas???

securitymikey

I think I see that one your talking about on the TIB. It has the outlet like the mic cord does. I guess you could do the programming from either one radio or control head outlets? The CHIB outlets are the ones that are throwing me off a little. It has a yellow outlet,two blue ones,a USB port,and a connection that looks like the one that is for the speaker/ignition sense on the actual radio part (brick). I have no idea what those do or if they even get used at all. Just want to make sure this gets done right the first ime around...

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
One is used for loading an encryption key should you have to load one. Once you remote head an XTL(not XTS) 2500 you have to do it on the radio body and not through the microphone plug.

Mark

DPapay

You wrote XTS2500, I'm sure you meant XTL2500.
The "brick" should have the main power cable, and one remote control cable plugged into either of the two blue connectors.
The control head should have the other end of said remote control cable plugged into either blue connector, and one red power/speaker cable. The red wire should be hot/battery power, and the yellow wire should be ignition/switched power.

securitymikey

I stand corrected its a XTL2500 not an XTS. I'm so used to the portable. So basicly I'm only using the one blue outlet for the control head and the red for ignition sense/speaker/power to head. Then on the radio itself (brick) I would just connect the main power line and the antenna coax and then I should be good to go? Sounds simple enough. I guess it would be a good idea to have this thing programmed before it is actually converted over to remote mount and then installed. Then you have the hassel of trying to get to the unit everytime you have to program something. I have all the pieces stated just need to put it all together now.

securitymikey

Yes I got the control cable too. I just picked up the Havis bracket to mount the head. Now I just have to put all this together to see if it works. Has anyone ever used the USB port on the back of the CHIB? I have mentioned this to a few people but nobody seems to know what its for or if it even gets used. I never seen a connection like that on a radio before.

Status
Not open for further replies.