• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS2500 Scan list edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have a XTS2500 Model II. I have the scan list programmed to user select. How can I select channels that are programmed above 16 to a scan list? Without having to use the CPS every time.

kb9tfh

You must make sure in the CPS that you have added the program option to your menu items. After this is complete, you can select program on the radio and it will allow you to edit the scan list...

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
16 in the scan list? that is the maximum or the first16 modes?

Motorola radios can only scan 16 at a time on each scan list

SCPD

QRT
I have more than sixteen channels in a zone. The radio won't let me select them for editing the scanlist, via the radio.
I am wondering if this can be done. if so how

wlmr

I have more than sixteen channels in a zone. The radio won't let me select them for editing the scanlist, via the radio.
I am wondering if this can be done. if so how

You'll need to add a channel menu item to your radio along with the zone menu selection you likely already have. I "think" that also will mean that you'll have to unprogram the 16 position knob on top but I'm not sure about that. Otherwise, it's only done via your computer programming.

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
kb is right. Regardless of the channel selector knob programming or number of channels per zone, you can only have 16 in your scan list. CPS or user interface will not allow you to exceed this, nor is there a work-around that i am aware of (without dropping the warrenty of the radio)

colby4601

That's not what he's talking about. He wants to assign a channel in a different bank to the scan list without having to use the CPS.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
You can scan slelect other freqs in different zones. when you edit the scan list from the front keys use the zn up to change zones

SCPD

QRT
You'll need to add a channel menu item to your radio along with the zone menu selection you likely already have. I "think" that also will mean that you'll have to unprogram the 16 position knob on top but I'm not sure about that. Otherwise, it's only done via your computer programming.
Yep. I had to program the channel selector know to blank.
I had the selector know programmed to zone for scan program but that didn't work.
Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.