• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xts2500 trunking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
Hi. Does the motorola xts2500 700/800mhz radio do talkgroups? I was going to use it for SLATER St Louis, Missouri digital trunking freqs. H46UCF9PW6AN is the model #

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
If you have to ask the original question this radio is not for you...

I read up on advance system keys. Learn something new everyday. Lol. Doesnt Uniden have a scanner that does this? (I cant afford one yet). How does it do the talkgroups and the 800mhz control channels without the ASK? Also what is M6512?

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
A properly programmed scanner will do everything you need An ASK locks the radio from having any unauthorized changes made to the programming. Scanners do not have any ASK

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Yes it is possible... I don't think the software involved has the same pedigree as the one that shal not be spoken of...

W0JJK

I do this from the regular CPS before we surplus radios. These are the steps I use. I have used this on XTS5000 and XTL5000.

Step 1-Load Advance System Key

Step 2-Read Radio

Step 3-Tools-Password-Read/Write Password, this were you remove code plug passcode if used.

Step 4-Modify Permissions-Uncheck all three boxes, Click OK

Step 5-Tools-Set Owner System ID

Key Type-Advanced System Key

Owner System ID- select correct key number of the system.

Click-Disable Write Protection

Click Set

When this process is done, Close CPS, remove Advanced Key from Computer.

Step 6-Open CPS, Load Soft Keys that match the systems in radio. Read the radio.

Step 7-Add a new system with default key 1, delete old trunked systems and their personalities. Add new Personality for system 1.

Step 8-Add a new conventional system, delete the old conventional system and personality.

Step 9-Delete all the zones except 1, change it to have 1 channel of the new conventional system

Step 10-Make sure you turn off Infinite Key Retention, if radio has secure enabled.

Step 11-Write radio, now is should be conventional only programmed with no Radio System information or Encryption keys. Anyone can program the radios now, for conventional or different trunked system.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
that is all fine and dandy but without an ASK he cant do any of it. The one I am talking about was to fix a different issue and just happened to resolve the whole ASK issue as a side note

APX7500X2

Find CpFixFilePackage_ASK and it removes the ASK from XTS/XTL radios and you can start from scratch

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Save your money and get an SDS100 ( if your area has simulcast systems) or BCD436 or a Unication G4.

Status
Not open for further replies.