• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS2500i not able to access fpp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3oyj

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I am new to the XTS2500i, just bought one from a fireman who used it at home. It has an fpp keypad however it doe not seem to be accessible. I can not find a way to activate the keypad.

I am assuming is it a Panter88 radio as here is the service info:

Host Version R10.00.00
DSP Version R10.00.00
Model Number H46KDH9PW7BN
Serial Number 123ABC1234
ESN 554742CD019B7223
8 MEG
Flashcode 500008-000410-5
Tuning Ver. R01.09.10
Proc Ver. BRAVO122

Is there somewhere I can go to read up on what the different vernacular means regarding the programming of these radios? I.E. flashcodes, codeplugs, etc...??

Thank you!

ka3oyj

Premium Subscriber
Well perhaps someone can point me where I can read up on what it takes to program and allow different functions that the radio has the capabilities to perform. I am new to the XTS and new to Motorola though I have some experience with the GM300 series of radios.

N4KVE

All radios are built the same at the factory. The original owners of the radio pay Motorola for the options they want the radio to come with, as they are all software upgrades. The hardware is the same in all the radios. Your radio with that serial # was a test dummy where the radio was given 5 years abuse in a week. That's how Motorola tests for weak points in the radios. These radios were never supposed to make it outside the factory, but some did. people are supposed to check the flashcode before buying the radio to make sure the radio does what you want. No legit Moto shop will upgrade your radio to do FPP, as only radios going to the Feds had FPP. You would want a flashcode like this one. 5A0018-00168C-0 However, there are people out in the wild who do have the ability to do what you want. Good luck.

Last edited:

ka3oyj

Premium Subscriber
I made an assumption that if it had a keypad then it would be fpp. Otherwise what would you have one for?

N4KVE

To dial a phone number if the repeater has a phone patch, or to go direcly to ch 7 instead of turning the ch knob 7 clicks. Or to go to Zone 5. Get the picture?

ka3oyj

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately I am seeing the entire picture a little at a time, but I am very eager to learn. Just wish I had seen this information earlier. It would have helped me make better decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.