• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS3000 Astro Decode Alias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

idle00955

How do I program the Alias for a Astro Channel?

Basically when i listen to Police there ID comes up as 1000 for dispatch and I would like it to say the BEDFORD DSP.

Can I do this on the XTS line xts3000?

Flashcode is 580001-000000-0

Im just getting sick of seeing the ID and would love to have alpha on it.

idle00955

its the id that comes up on the display when anyone is talking. it never changes. each radio has there own id. i put it in the call list and it dont come up. so is there any setting i need to change first?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I'm not sure, then. If it never changes, that would imply that every radio has the same ID, at least as far as I understand it. There's a feature somewhere in radio wide options in CPS that says "Caller ID" and one of the options is "Alias Text". Give that a shot. There also might be something in the advanced options on the personality itself.

Jay911

Feed Provider
Check these:

Display & Menu > PTT ID > ID Display (checked), Scan ID Display (checked), and that Prefix has something in it (probably "ID: ").

That's about all else I can suggest. I have an XTS3000, but don't use it in ASTRO mode.

idle00955

yes the prefix does has ID: but thats all that shows is ID: then there number. I want the number to be aplha instaed of demincile.

Jay911

Feed Provider
The only other thing I can think of is this: Are these aliases on a single frequency or a trunking system?

If a single frequency, you should be putting it in the "ASTRO Call List" section.

If a trunking system, you should be putting it in the "Trunking Call List" section, further down the menu.

idle00955

i dont believe any thing in my area is on a trunking system because its one freq they use. i have the astro call list programmed with the correct id's for all the different towns i monitor. but still there id: come up. example ID: 1000. i have that set as BEDFORD DSP. but all that comes up is ID:1000

i have tried the trunking idea and it was all messed up. i could only hear the dsp and there id's in the trunking was different then the id that comes up on my radio when monitoring a single personality. none of my stuff is setup as trunking.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I'm not 100% sure. I haven't ever used aliases on conventional channels. Maybe you have to enable PTT ID on that personality. I wish I had more advice for you.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Pretty sure the XTS3000 doesn't support Astro ID aliasing.

You're going to need an ASTRO25 radio to do that.

The call lists only serve as a handy way to call people without having to remember their numeric ID.

It will also be used when somebody call alerts you. If they exist in your call list, it will display their alias instead of the numeric ID.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I've been able to alias my P25 conventional radio IDs with an ASTRO Spectra by putting the name in the P25 Call List. Make sure you are putting the alias in the right Call List.

The ASTRO and ASTRO25 are two totally different product lines as far as features go. Maybe it's a firmware issue with your radio.

idle00955

so P25 is in my area does that mean the xts3000 is not good enough for my area? should i get a xts5000? i put the alias in under astro call list 1. i have the codes and there alpha tag. also set to IND. Only option is ind or grp.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Pretty sure the XTS3000 doesn't support Astro ID aliasing.

You're going to need an ASTRO25 radio to do that.

That would be correct....only the XTS1500, 2500 and 5000 will alias. The XTS3000 will not no matter what flash is in the radio.

idle00955

thats so stupid because why make a lower model number xts2500 have more features then the still made xts3000? i knew i should of bought the xts 2500 i saw instead of this xts3000. motorola needs to offer a full upgrade for the 3000 to offer the new features because alot of people use the xts3000.

mancow

Database Admin
They are entirely different products. The XTS2500 and 5000 have a different processor, different firmware and much more memory. A 3000 upgrade to match their features is physically impossible.

As for the ID, I'm still thinking that it's possible. I can't imagine the spectra would but the 3000 wouldn't. I will try it on my astro saber and see if I get it to work.

Also.................what is your firmware level in that 3000?

thats so stupid because why make a lower model number xts2500 have more features then the still made xts3000? i knew i should of bought the xts 2500 i saw instead of this xts3000. motorola needs to offer a full upgrade for the 3000 to offer the new features because alot of people use the xts3000.

wlmr

The xts3000 is at least a couple years older than either the xts2500 or xts5000. I expect the xts2500 and xts5000 built on what the xts3000 had. Have you ever seen any of the radio manufacturers provide in an older model what they can charge more for in a new model? The memory capacity is smaller in the xts3000. Are you willing to pay a premium to upgrade your xts3000 to the same capacity? Companies have this habit of wanting to get paid for upgrading things, not just radio companies. (I can't get my car manufacturer to upgrade my 2002 car to include satellite navigation or a DVD player for free either.)

Status
Not open for further replies.