• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS3000 Battery Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

katt02

Katt
Hi all,

I have had my xts3000 for some time now and it has worked pretty good until recently a problem occurred. For the past month or so when the radio reaches low battery, and type of transmission does not work correctly. The radio says its transmitting, however I have determined that the power has been cut to milliwatts. I can hold the radio real close to another radio and get a very low receive rssi, and I cannot hit a repeater that is 1/4 mile away. This only happens when the battery level is low, and I am not sure how to correct this. I have a fairly new battery with a date code in 2019. Is this some setting in CPS that I need to change to prevent the radio from cutting the power, or is there something(or worse case nothing) else that I can do?

Thanks, Katt

Last edited:

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
The proof is in the pudding. Your battery doesn’t have enough “juice” to push out 4/5 watts of power. Just throw it on the charger.

katt02

Katt
I thought that too, but it must be really bad because i have certain channels set to 1 watt, so its not needing the full 5 watts of power.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
I thought that too, but it must be really bad because i have certain channels set to 1 watt, so its not needing the full 5 watts of power.

Let me not be so curt. Most LIKELY it is the fact the battery doesn’t have enough “juice” to push out the 4/5 watts of power. It could be something more sinister, but if you’re saying it’s working without issue on a full charge.. I would suspect it’s the battery.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Typically you are lucky to get 3 years of continuous service out of those batteries. Good think you can still buy them new from Motorola. NNTN4435 is the PN.

Status
Not open for further replies.