• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

xts3000 encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

otacon1001

I am looking at getting some xts3000s because I want the ecnryption that ive seen on a couple of youtube videos the one that sounds like garbled noise. What should I be looking for as far as options on the radio to be able to do this and is it difficultto program encryption. Im not new to programming but I havnt worked on any digital radios yet. Any and all info you could provide would be apreciated. They would be used on simplex and a repeater for use at a an outdoor paintball/airsoft field.

SCPD

QRT
I believe you would need the flash code to have Q498 and H869 hardware multi key encryption and otar. Not per say the otar. It would need to be flashed for the aes256, des-xl, Des - ofb etc. Whichever board you choose. To load keys you'd need the kvl key loader for that exact type encryption. Those are pricey be prepared to pay for it like new. Allot are very scarce. There is single boards tri boards and dual boards. As far as I know adp which is software cheap enc isn't in xts3000 I don't know if anyone attempted it. I heard you can on astro spectra plus radios and astro digital radios. But not sure.

SCPD

QRT
Also whether it matters to you or not encryption is not permitted by public use per fcc. I'm sure some do it though. Just fyi. They were debating use on ham end of it but I don't know what the outcome for hams was with that if it's still in motion/petition.

SCPD

QRT
Honestly of your just wanting cheap ways it be easier to utilize adp in a xts modern line as it is software based dsp enc. I wouldn't reccomend enc as it isn't legal but to each his own. There is hardware based ones which need a kvl for adp but your basic adp software option in modern xts line is user entry in the cps.

otacon1001

Is there a model I can program the encryption without an expensive key loader? Is there another option other then encryption?

ecps92

??? It's not ??? Please provide the Citation to back up your statement.

There are plenty of Part 90 business users who are encrypted.
Whether it be Speech Inversion, Rolling Code or other means commercially available

Also whether it matters to you or not encryption is not permitted by public use per fcc. I'm sure some do it though. Just fyi. They were debating use on ham end of it but I don't know what the outcome for hams was with that if it's still in motion/petition.

SCPD

QRT
Xts2500, 1500, 5000. 5000 is on its end of line with /\/\ or already is they may still sell it if it's gov bulk contract or if they have any. Used there All over. Rule of thumb in radios what you pay for is what you get unless it's a good seller. Adp software enc. Q667 is the adp software entry by cps flash option.

SCPD

QRT
Argue with yourself. He never stated he was a business or individual. If he is a business yeah he could obtain license etc. As for any joe buying and throwing in gmrs or murs running strapped e it's illegal. I'm sure he would have looked into it and I threw it in there for him to look into if he chose to. He asked of options and didn't say anything in regards to legality after fact so it was there as a look into deal. You can cite your own Google finds. I'm not here to play the scanner boy show down. High school deal.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Any of the digital modes give some level of privacy. Encryption is a layer on top of the digital signal. P25, NXDN, DMR, and D Star are all legal in ham use, and there are a couple of less known modes available too. Only P25 can be heard using any of the available scanners without resorting to special software/hardware and a computer.

otacon1001

So any xts other then the 3000 lol thanks for the info, is it just an option in cps like setting up a signalling system or more complex then that?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
So any xts other then the 3000 lol thanks for the info, is it just an option in cps like setting up a signalling system or more complex then that?

The other models are ADP encryption. Not very secure, much less secure than DES. But no need for KVL. Yes they are settings in CPS, but once keys are in for ADO, they can not be retrieved from the radio

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ecps92

I guess I won't be holding my breathe for you to provide an answer, since your statement is 100% False.

but just to Requote You
"Originally Posted by ptolemy9200
Also whether it matters to you or not encryption is not permitted by public use per fcc. I'm sure some do it though. Just fyi."

It would not matter, if he is a Business or an Individual, if properly licensed under Part 90, he CAN use Encryption

Argue with yourself. He never stated he was a business or individual. If he is a business yeah he could obtain license etc. As for any joe buying and throwing in gmrs or murs running strapped e it's illegal. I'm sure he would have looked into it and I threw it in there for him to look into if he chose to. He asked of options and didn't say anything in regards to legality after fact so it was there as a look into deal. You can cite your own Google finds. I'm not here to play the scanner boy show down. High school deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.