• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS3000 Error Code ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
What is wrong with your radio if you push the PTT and the screen shows "Fail 001"

Thanks

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
So it should be something easy to fix ? i havent got the radio yet, someone is sending it to me because they dont want to spend time or money to fix it and i love to tear things down and build them back. so if its software i got that covered, lol

bezking

This is that parts radio on eBay, isn't it? I was looking at it too...

Basically one of two things is going on here:
1. Somebody modified the CPS to send out of band freqs to the radio. The radio's hardware can not lock onto the freq, it's simply too far out of range. All you need to do is reprogram it with an in-band freq and you are good to go. This is unlikely because if someone is smart enough to mod the CPS, they should know that they caused the Fail and should know how to fix it.

2. One or more components in the radio are damaged. The radio may be able to be repaired by disassembling it and replacing some of the parts. This is dangerous and not guaranteed to work.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
ok then, looks like i have a parts radio if the software wont fix it, either way free is free and i got it for that , haha

thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.