• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS3000 Model I to a Model III?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know the part numbers for the LCD and Keypad to make a Model I into a Model III? Thanks!

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
There's a LOT more involved than just adding parts. It won't work without telling the radio it's now a full keypad and display model, and you can't do that with the regular software.

It's a SERIOUS bit of hacking to make that work. If you're not a top level Astro hacker already,
you can pretty much forget about it unless you want to pay Motorola a lot of money.

Elroy

Astro25

1x p/n 0705368Z01 XTS3000 Keypad Flex $13.42

1x p/n 1585506D07 XTS3000 MIII Housing $68.00

1x p/n 5105385Y19 XTS3000 LCD $85.85

1x p/n NTN8311B XTS3000 Keypad Board Kit $46.00

1x p/n 0904857P43 XTS3500 Rubber Keypad $12.31 (has the cool purple menu function buttons)

Keep in mind that the Model 3 housing does not come with electronics. You could, (if you know how) swap housing electronics. By electronics I mean the speaker, knob and flex circuitry. Search "Panter88" on eBay. He has "complete" (w/electronics) 3k M3 housings fairly cheap, typically around $50. Might take a week to get here, but Lau delivers.

As for the rest, software wise, do a search on Batlabs (www.batboard.batlabs.com) on how to electronically convert the radio. It's been covered many times. While it won't exactly tell you how, it will give you a good idea on how it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.