• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS3000 XTVA Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cackis

Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon all,

I've done some searches on this site and others and I can't find exactly what I'm looking for so maybe someone can lend a hand. I have a UHF XTS3000 M3 450-512 that I am trying to use in an XTVA. The flashcode, 540008-000000-7 is from the factory, not an S record or hack job. Firmware R07.71.07 DSP N08.03.03. When I put the radio into the XTVA it just starts doing all sorts of weird things. The HHCH goes blank then comes back on, the volume goes up and won't stop then the HHCH just stops working. I've eliminated the XTVA as the problem because I can put my XTS5000 M3 UHF into it and it works fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your time.

CCHLLM

Just a suggestion and certainly not a sure fire cure, but try turning the radio off before you place it in the XTVA, then turn it on. This way the radio detects the XTVA environment in its initial boot stages and completes its boot up in remote mode. An HHCH adds to the radio's boot processes and times, and because the 3000 has a smaller and slower processor than the 5Ks, they're more likely to trip up when subjected to sudden control environment changes, but they, too, have to take the same route to boot completion.

If you don't turn it off before placing it in the XTVA, the simplified version is that the radio has to detect what has changed, decide what to do about it, and then do it. That means shut down, start the reboot process, detect the control environment, select the process that matches the control environment, and finish the reboot. Sometimes the slower processor runs out of time during the information exchanges going on before it can resolve what has suddenly changed and what's next in the process. That's when you likely get Fail 01/90 and/or the unexpurgated version of "That does not compute."

There is another factor that seems to rear its head when the XTVA has an HHCH. Even though the software may not show any conflicts and will allow you to program the radio, the greater the differences in the button/switch control selections between the radio and the XTVA's HHCH seems to be more likely to make a difference with 3Ks. I had to work that out in my 3K and XTVA's relationship.

I have a 3K 800MHz that runs fine in an E model XTVA when you turn it off before placing it in the XTVA, but not always. It will fail once in a while, but removing it and repeating the process always restores the proper operation. My 5Ks will also balk and/or throw that Fail 01/90 on rare occasions if I don't do the turn it off process, btw, but not often and they don't exhibit the volume & display goober modes of the 3Ks.

Last edited:

cackis

Premium Subscriber
Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem.

For some reason my XTVA didn't like the first HHCH I had when the XTS3000 was in but worked fine with my 5000. Got a different HHCH and it's worked fine with the 3000 since. Still use it on a daily basis.

CCHLLM

Yep, been there done that myself. Pretty much all across the MotherMoto spectrum of products, the closer you can get to matching the generation of the devices with the corresponding generation of the components and accessories, the more likely they will play together nicely. The trick is to know which Alpha character on the end of the model number of the device is compatible with the Alpha characters of the accessories and components you have in front of you. Sometimes backward compatibility is a crap shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.