• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000 and XTS1500 intereference and squelch issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepuzycki

Ok guys. I am stumped. I have been through my codeplugs a few dozen times and I can't see anything wrong with them.
Here is the problem,
We use XTS5000s for Americans and XTS1500s for our TCNs. Both radio sets have issues regarding the unmuting of transmission. Randomly, but often the radios will just 'break squelch' and allow white noise static through the speaker. I know what you are thinking, he is on CSQ, but I'm not. I have tried PL and DPL on the 5000s with no change (we use both of them as primary Tx and Rx squelch).
One of my questions is regarding the squelch fine tune setting. What measurement are the increments you can set through CPS? I know the default is 6, but for CSQ that is at -116db from my understanding. Pretty much the noise floor. I don't want to decrease the sensitivity too much, maybe -97 tops.
I have tried all 3 types of muting settings, Std-Std, Std-and, and or-and. None of them work and stop the noise/interference.
Any ideas or questions for me please feel free to add into this thread. I really need some help on this one guys!
Thanks,
Dave

davepuzycki

I'm adding this to the dilemma

The channels that we are experiencing this on are not encrypted.
Non-Astro Audio
Monitor type is open squelch
HUB defeats PL is not selected
CPS version is R15.00.00
Firmware version is R14.00.03 I beleive

davepuzycki

Did you fix it?

So when you took it out of DPL and used only PL did it work better? I don't mind the radios unsquelching, but they still should not unmute!
Also, were you using analog or digital audio? I am running a test utilizing Astro vs. non-Astro audio right now. As of so far, still using DPL and standard 293 as the Digital Network ID running Astro audio, I am not getting the unmuting. Only problem is all of the radios I am going to need to re-program. Bah!

KC2JS

Feed Provider
I am using analog only. If the channel uses a dpl, the static unmutes. If I change the same channel to a tpl, the radio does not unmute.

gary123

the trouble lays in the way that the radio processes the recovered signal at the IF level. the D/A converter sees 'packet' noise as valid signal and so decides that a properly formatted signal is being recieved. This is why setting the squelch level up does not fix the issue, although it does aleviate it a bit as the D/A circuit will see the 'no signal' as a 'reset' and so keep the unit muted.

sorry for the dumbed down explanation.

I did read somewhere ( I think) that selecting and setting up INVERTED DPL seems to fix this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.