• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

xts5000 another issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubacop

I just read my xts5000 I with my cps ver 15. I have used this computer and program to, program my radio. Anyway, tonight I wanted to add some freq's to my radio, when I opened up the personality page to add channels I found each freq box blank and the square was outlined in red. any suggestions?

kb0uxv

You may have accidently hidden the info - Right click the area with the missing data and click UNHIDE ALL COLUMNS

scubacop

Its there on the screen, the column in present, there is just no data on the screen and those boxes are outlined in red......I'll try your suggestion though, thanks

kb0uxv

It would not be a hidden column then, if that was the case the entire space would be blank - no red boxes. Did you accidently delete a personality that was tied to the zone you are looking at?

jim202

Its there on the screen, the column in present, there is just no data on the screen and those boxes are outlined in red......I'll try your suggestion though, thanks

When you see a red box, either the information the radio is looking for is not there, or it's incorrect. Up at the very top of the screen, there is a selection on the menu that lets you display everything that may be wrong before you save the codeplug to the radio. Forget exactly where the selection is, because I don't normally use it. Plus the software should not allow you to save the information to the radio when it's been flagged as bad.

RKG

Be sure you haven't inadvertently checked "Enable channel picklist" in the View Options page.

(This limits frequencies to those contained in a designated picklist, which now becomes a drop down menu.)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If an empty box is outlined in read, it's expecting some sort of input.

Until you enter the proper value, it's considered an invalid field.

It has nothing to do with hiding or resizing columns.

Try selecting Invalid Fields from the menus to get a better idea of what input the box is expecting.

If the box is for a field that you aren't using, then you've inadvertently enabled something that's caused that field to expect an input.

What does it say in the column heading above the box?

XTS3000

Be sure you haven't inadvertently checked "Enable channel picklist" in the View Options page.

(This limits frequencies to those contained in a designated picklist, which now becomes a drop down menu.)

yep, had this same thing happen. RKG is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.