• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000 Flashcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

importjunky

Hello all,

I just purchased a XTS5000 used, The flashcode thats installed on the radio, the only features enabled are

H37 SMARTNET
H14 Enchanced Digital ID
Q446 Channel Announcement

I need to be able to use the radio on an analog bases. Does anyone know how I can go about getting a flashcode to be able to use the rest of the features on the radio?

Current flash is 500004-000002-3
Firmware R16.00.00

Using an encoder, I imagine I am looking for something closer to this
54040F-100B02-9

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
It's already setup for analog. Flashing the radio will require a flash code authorized ibutton from Motorola and a copy of the CPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APX7500X2

I normally put in 5A908A-C01E87-4, That way i only have to do it once and don't have to touch the radio again, and its very nice to have the FPP.

Do real research on how to do it and take your time, All the information is out there, On here you will just be hounded by the radio police

importjunky

I believe the ability to program analog channels has been disabled by the previous user.

If someone would be so kind as to email me screen shots of cps to show me where they I can program analog channels?

When I got to conventional personality and add a channel it only list rx and tx options, but nowhere to enter the freqs

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I believe the ability to program analog channels has been disabled by the previous user.

If someone would be so kind as to email me screen shots of cps to show me where they I can program analog channels?

When I got to conventional personality and add a channel it only list rx and tx options, but nowhere to enter the freqs

Disabling analog channels isn't possible.

Frequencies are entered in the Zone not the Personality.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
In the XTS, unlike the APX CPS, the actual frequencies used are defined in the zone channel assignment, NOT the personality.

EDIT: Mike was just a hair faster than me...

importjunky

AH!

Thanks that helps a lot!

You would think moto would try to keep the CPS the same model to model :-|

One thing I did notice it the Radio won't allow me to Narrowband, It keeps changing it back to 25kHz.

I noticed Q507 is disabled in the codeplug, which is narrowbanding mandate

Project25_MASTR

In the XTS, unlike the APX CPS, the actual frequencies used are defined in the zone channel assignment, NOT the personality.

EDIT: Mike was just a hair faster than me...

Should be noted that with the XTS3000 frequencies are assigned in the conventional zone personality.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
One thing I did notice it the Radio won't allow me to Narrowband, It keeps changing it back to 25kHz.

I noticed Q507 is disabled in the codeplug, which is narrowbanding mandate

What exactly are you trying to do?

Are you changing the Transmit Deviation to 2.5 KHz?

Project25_MASTR

That actually reminds me. CPS won't let you change the bandwidth. You have to change the deviation and the bandwidth will change to match.

importjunky

That's that I needed to change!

didn't realize if you set the Deviation to 2.5kHz it moves the Channel spacing to 12.5kHz automatically.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.