• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

1074S8

Hi guys and gals,

I have an issued Astro XTS500R that I need to get the Concentric switch to operate for Scan On/Off functions. Is there anyway to do this on the handheld itself, or am I going to have to lose my portable for a week or more while the Motorola office programs it. I know it shouldn't take more than a few minutes, but our local office is not into "get things done mode".

Right now the switch does nothing at all.

It's horrible not being able to switch Scan on and off without having to remove the portable from the duty belt, punch some buttons and put it back.

Time to go on duty.... catch when i go 10-42

Thanks

Sean

immelmen

keep in mind, you cannot have scan set as both a physical switch and menu item. If you set the concentric switch to scan, the scan menu selection will automatically go bye bye...can be an issue if you use an XTVA that is out of reach of the driver.

1074S8

.can be an issue if you use an XTVA that is out of reach of the driver.

Sorry what does this mean?

I don't mind the menu item being out of use, I try not to remove my radio from my duty belt when I'm working, so the shoulder mic will do all the work. I just need to have quick access to stop scanning, and right now it's a chore. Especially when seconds count.

Man I hate to lose it during the holidays.

RodStrong

You also could consider having the ABC switches programmed for scan on, scan off, and scan program. That is how most of our radios are programmed. Of course, you may already have ABC programmed as something else. Good luck.

Devilz311

Like other's said, It's something that has to be changed in the software.

immelmen

Sorry what does this mean?

Sorry,

The XTVA is a vehicle adapter with a hand held control head. If you have scan set to a switch on the radio thus disabling the menu item, then you will have no way to turn scan on and off from the HHCH when the radio is in the vehicle adapter if the adapter is out of reach. I learned that one the hard way as that's how my xtva is set up.

It does not sound like this would be an issue for you anyhow, so no worries.

1074S8

Thanks for all the input everyone..... I guess I'll have to drop it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.