• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000 Scan List Programming Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpcool54

Hey. I have several XTS5000 radios that I use periodically as FRS radios, as well as scanners for my local police agencies and fire departments. I just tried to modify the scan list on one of my radios and encountered an issue I haven't seen before or been able to find an answer on. When I am in the scan programming mode on the radio, if I push the UP arrow, to go to the next channel, it will simply give me an error beep. This works on all my other XTS5000, so I am not sure what's up here. I can use the rotary knob to get between channels 1-16 in each zone, but cannot get past channel 16 in the scan mode without the arrows. When I use the left/right arrows, it changes between the zone, but up/down does not work for the channels like all my other radios.

Thanks

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
The arrow keys up/down are definitely supposed to move between channels in scan program.

Do the arrow keys up/down work correctly in other functions? FPP or CLCK edit, for example...

cpcool54

They do not. The one with the issue is Host: 12.00.00 DSP: 12.00.00 and one of the working ones has Host: 17.01.01 DSP: 17.01.00, and another working one has Host: 20.50.09 DSP: 19.50.01.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Its possible its something that was a glitch and fixed with later firmware, especially if you are confident you have the programming correct, others are working and one is not. The not working one does have older firmware. Thats my guess.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
If you have the cvn files, you can lift the firmware yourself using the dirty method (without Flashkey/iButton). It does not update the UCM, but the firmware will be upgraded.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Make sure you fully understand the limitations and the procedure before you move forward as resale value, features and maybe other things may be affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.