• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000 VHF 136-174 FPP Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8VDS

Premium Subscriber
I have a vhf version that wont take any frequency entry... It shows for instance TX 136.25000 but when i enter a new freq and hit ok it shows <0 in the display and the frequency is gone..... Any ideas ???

Thank's

Randy

ME801

just tried it on my XTS5000 and it sounds like what you doing is the correct sequence. Is FPP enables for the zone your trying to enter the frequency in?

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
Please post your flashcode and firmware version.

N8VDS

Premium Subscriber
XTS5000 FPP Issues

Flashcode is: 5A9088-801787-4

Firmware is: 20.59 CVN I believe

It will take frequencies in the CPS and radio works on those frequencies. FPP is enabled... Just gives that <0 in the display after entering freq and hitting ok...

Thank's

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
You've got trunking and FPP enabled in your radio - above firmware version 9, those are not compatible options.

N4KVE

Yeah, that's a real screwed up flash code. Something like 520001-001304-7 would work well for you. I recently picked up a few trunking 2500's, but since I'm a ham, I didn't need trunking. But I did need FPP, so I brought my radios to a shop, told him what I needed, & got the above flash code. FPP works perfectly.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Is there a version of firmware that it is compatible with ???

Thanks

Not without a lot of effort and even then you are stuck with an ancient firmware version.
Basically you can have FPP or trunking with current firmware but not both at the same time.

N4KVE

You don't want to go back to 9 when you're at 20 now. Just get a proper FPP flash code put in your radio. Better than going backwards to 10 year old FW.

ME801

Or buy an APX!

My agency just did got our first APX8K XE to replace our XTS5K's. I can FPP them, but even after installing R20.01.00 and APX USB drivers I still can't read the radio to build the codeplug. (just venting some frustration with the new software)

Status
Not open for further replies.