• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000R quit working after battery died?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tornado229

I know this doesn't help you, but...

I hope no admin of the system reads this forum. ;)

Even if it wasn't inhibited.

Lol

Well I think we all are pretty certain it was inhibited. The green led flashing when you turn it on is your radio affiliating with the system.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Nobody has asked the question but the answer seems to be implied:

Were you an authorized user of the system? Did the radio shop program up your radio with the permission of the system owners?

If not and you were changing channels and affiliating, than it's a pretty safe bet that you were inhibited.

Last edited:

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
From you previous posts and what you have listed as your feed. I assume that the system you were monitoring was Detroit fire EMS... Im sure the MPSCS system admin would love to know how you had a rouge radio on their system...

SCPD

QRT
I hope no admin of the system reads this forum. ;)

Why?

20 posts in and the self-appointed Motorola system admins and radio police are here. Doesn't take long anymore.

siren.gif

Last edited:

xmo

The system admins don't NEED to read this forum - they did their high-fives when Genwatch reported the kill.

"Yesssss! And another one bites the dust!"

Of course, seeing a thread here is probably like a little extra frosting on the cake - so to speak.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Look at that radio. "click" - acknolowdeged, "inhibited". No more reports of the other radio getting kicked off his talkgroup.

Time for coffee.

Mmmmmm, hazelnut.

SCPD

QRT
You got what you deserved!. The radio was not authorized on the system and guess what, it's now a brick. Should have researched and used the no affiliate scan method which works great when done properly and does not bother the system in anyway.

JoeyD714

For everyone who provided valuable insight and information, Thank you very much for the education.

For all you SAPSs out there, It was issued by authorized personnel for this purpose.
Just wanted to have a better idea of the situation before or instead of having to take it in and deal with the political bureaucracy who's attitudes and outlooks change with the weather.

When highly important emergency equipment goes months or years w/o being repaired or replaced, sometimes you wanna try to resolve things off the books if at all possible.
I just wanted a better understanding of the situation, possible causes and resolutions before trying to deal w/ the city bureaucracy about something like this.
With the mayor going to prison, The city going bankrupt and not being able to pay bills, and emergency manager taking over, this might end up on the back of someones bench for 8 months before they even look at it.

Last edited:

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
So your saying the City of Detroit allowed you to have an XTS5000 radio for years to set up a scanner feed? I believe in one of your earlier posts you talked about how "I represent the EMS union in a major american city. due to a problem with deeply entrenched corruption & incompetence in the city mgt. we need to be able to record all radio traffic on the EMS channel 24/7 with time stamp" Now you turned this into a live feed?

No wonder they bricked you....

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
For all you SAPSs out there, It was issued by authorized personnel for this purpose.

Then why are you posting this here instead of taking the radio to the shop and asking for a new one?

I'm calling bull****. You have an unauthorized and poorly programmed radio, and you got caught. Admit it.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
... self-appointed Motorola system admins and radio police are here.
siren.gif

I'll add that to my resume.

But let's get back on-topic. The OP asked a question and has received opinions of what happened. What he chooses to do with this information is up to him.

Last edited:

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
I suggest perhaps taking the problem to p25.ca - I understand they have successfully tested several workarounds and would be willing to help if you asked.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
The system admins don't NEED to read this forum - they did their high-fives when Genwatch reported the kill.

"Yesssss! And another one bites the dust!"

Of course, seeing a thread here is probably like a little extra frosting on the cake - so to speak.

Absolutely.... :twisted:

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
I suggest perhaps taking the problem to p25.ca - I understand they have successfully tested several workarounds and would be willing to help if you asked.

If he goes over there as a newbie he will be kicked to the curb in a matter of days.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I'm calling the BS flag out on this play. I don't know too many people who have the radio experience that you seem to have be able to make an apporipate cable to properly balance the audio and make a feed out of it.

In addition, if your "person" was able to properly program and give the radio an authorized ID on the system, than that same "person" would have no problem sending the command for the radio to be uninhibited.

Just sayin'

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 265
  • 2.png
    2.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 241

SCPD

QRT
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

KS4VT said:

If he goes over there as a newbie he will be kicked to the curb in a matter of days.

No he won't. Besides, links to the relevant information has already been posted above.

What a silly thing for you to say. You're obviously trying to stir **** up.

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

No he won't. Besides, links to the relevant information has already been posted above.

What a silly thing for you to say. You're obviously trying to stir **** up.

Agreed. There's nothing more pathetic than someone giving an obvious noob bad advice just so he'll get the *** pounding he so heartedly deserves.

Yeesh.

SCPD

QRT

Okay, you win.

Status
Not open for further replies.