• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000R quit working after battery died?

Status
Not open for further replies.
his dead radio

so many people lie on asking for help its funny but i'm sure its been turned off lol
I use to work for a Motorola shop and radios get turned off a lot hes going to get into trouble to get it back working i'm sure.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

No he won't. Besides, links to the relevant information has already been posted above.

What a silly thing for you to say. You're obviously trying to stir **** up.

Nope...just posting the facts from the site owner...
https://www.p25.ca/threads/2961-Addressing-thread-on-RR?p=21403#post21403

You're exaggerating. We don't ban people for lack of knowledge; we ban people for not following the rules. P25 is not a newb radio hangout like RR; this is an intermediate to advanced technical/projects-oriented discussion site. It's not for little hammies and scanner people. This site caters to a different audience. All of our forums are wide open for reading by anyone. It's insulting to all of our members when some scanner dweeb joins this site, and posts a stupid question which has been answered/documented numerous times already. RR is where that type of nonsense belongs.

JoeyD714

Can the admin or mod plz kill or lock this thread?

It's gone way too far already. I learned what I need to learn and all this flaming and judging is a waste of good peoples time.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I thought you wanted help from the radio professional's community?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
It's gone way too far already. I learned what I need to learn and all this flaming and judging is a waste of good peoples time.

As requested...closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.