• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000R XTVA problem with charging & audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadget

Good Evening all- I did a search in the Forum & did find one post on the XTVA that did help me address one problem but I think I may have other issues & am looking for the right direction to start before I start re-looking at the programming & starting over. I have a UHF XTS5000R Model III w/ FPP that I use along with an XTVA w/ external speaker, RF amp & HCC display microphone. The unit worked great for the first couple of days & recognized the XTVA with no issues. The following day I noticed that the radio was docked in the cradle & was on, but the display was not lit & the XTVA did not show it was charging the radio. The display was working, VOL & CH buttoms work & beep, however I also noticed that the audio was coming out of the radio's internal speaker & not the external powered speaker even though the radio's display showed "REMOTE". The post that I did see stated that the radio must be off when inserted & I believe it's possible that the user docked the radio while on. Both fuses are good, I'm getting power to the cradle. The only other radio I had to try was an XTS3000 non-display which I installed another RF adapter to test the XTVA & that radio worked with the exception that the display showed "KEY FAIL" which I'm sure is because it wasn't programmed the same & also has no display but everything with the XTVA seemed to work with the 3000 & not the original 5000. Any ideas? Did docking the radio while powered on in the XTVA screww up the radio? Thanks in advance- I did not program this radio even though I own it as it is on the County's P25 system & our County RA did it for me so that it would be ready to go, have the correct radio ID "out of the box" & also work with the dispatch console. But I can read & program it as needed.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
check the contacts on the radio. They may need to be cleaned with a pencil eraser. I have seen this before and that worked. All it takes is a little oxidation to not make a good connection

Gadget

Thanks for the response & I gave that a try but no joy... still the exact same issue. I did forget to mention that this radio is fully loaded & the prior user did have it secure enabled & programmed (he is the Radio Administrator for the County) but this radio is not used in secure mode. But the odd part is it powers up with a "secure lock" message but simply pressing the PTT on power-up clears that & the radio worked before this way in the XTVA. I tried to disable & remove secure completely (I don't need it in this radio) but I got "FAIL 09/02" after writing to it so I put it back & I'll tackle that issue in another post on the Programming forum. Any ideas? Only thing I haven't tried is to swap the battery since ironically the cradle won't charge the battery or recognize it's there either (no charge lights). I really hope I don't have a bad flex cable in the radio... I can't afford to send this thing to the Moto Depot even though I can swap the housing myself :(

Status
Not open for further replies.