Yaesu: Yaesu 3200dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

GearJammersc

I'm trying to program the 3200 frequency in memory one digital and one analog but want let me. It has to be analog all or digital all?

hill

Premium Subscriber
I don't have that radio, but do have other Yaesu System Fusion radios,

If it's like the others you should be able to have the channel be analog, digital, or mixed mode (receives both analog and digital, plus you transmit I the mode received).

mrweather

I have both FTM-400XDR and FTM-7250D and the analog/digital mode is a global one, that is you can't designate one channel as digital and another as analog.

k9wkj

I program mode by channel on both my ftm-7250 and my ft-70DR
just make sure your in the mode you wish when you write the channel
1588169086634.png1588169175101.png
you can not modify a channel you must rewrite it
you can make temporary changes to a channel but they wont stick

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Memory channels do not store the mode. On the 3200 the button marked D/A toggles between modes. The DN indicator will be off for analog, blinking for auto and on for digital. Leave it in auto if you want to cover all bases.

Stupidfatkid

The 3200 will do digital narrow but not wide. It will receive wide if the AMS is on

And that's probably the most frustrating thing about the 3200. Wide sounds so much better but you can't transmit in wide. And there's no GPS, so no data to fill in the empty bits that aren't being used with narrow. Maybe Yaesu saved a couple bucks on the vocoder licensing fee by only enabling wide decode and not wide encode? It makes no sense to me.

mrweather

both of my radios do store by mode
the pix I posted are of my 7250 just after I turned it on

the 3200 must be different
The Yaesu ADMS software for the 400DXR doesn't have an option to set Fusion or analog on a per-memory channel basis. All I can see is AM/FM/FM Narrow for mode.

I did not realize you could do it on the 7250D. Mine just has the "DN" blinking all the time on all memory channels.

k9wkj

The Yaesu ADMS software for the 400DXR doesn't have an option to set Fusion or analog on a per-memory channel basis. All I can see is AM/FM/FM Narrow for mode.

I did not realize you could do it on the 7250D. Mine just has the "DN" blinking all the time on all memory channels.
it seems more like telling it to be FM instead of letting it try to be digital
but it has the same effect
and of course I have to program it all by hand as I am NOT going to pay $50 for software to program a radio I paid $180 for

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
That is indeed interesting. I would not have guessed that a Fusion radio could not be set to TX in VW as it does indeed sound better.

I did some quick searching and I am getting conflicting information about the 3200 being able to TX in VW mode, but only after receiving it first. Other results outright say no VW TX from the 3200 at all. Still, even if it can TX after receiving VW, that's just weird it cannot be set to do that right off. That is just bizarre to me. This thread has helped me to never recommend the 3200. Still, to each their own. If one is happy, it's all good.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
The 3200 is on its way out. Doubt if its successor will be as limited. I bought two of them for our repeater group for special events etc. I was looking for replacement mics for two older radios and found that at $130 each it was more cost effective to buy new radios. We have a DR2 repeater which operates in the auto mode. A very basic 2 meter only radio with C4FM was what we needed. We have run some special events all digital with very good results. We don't need wide band. It would be nice to have GPS though. The 3200's can access Wires-X and work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.