Yaesu: Yaesu 991A remote over Web

adsbgreenock

Hi guys,

I have searched around a little and didn't find much about running a Yaesu 991A remotely except remotetx subscription option.

Whilst I won't knock the guy for supplying a service I don't want to pay subscription fees to access and run my own rig on my own network.

I was looking to see if any of you guys have given remote operation of the 991A (or any other rig) a try and if any of you have been successful in operating voice comms over the Web?

I have a pc and several raspberry pis and my rotator is currently controlled via pc.

Anyone shed any light on this? Obviously teamviewer, anydesk has came to mind but perhaps someone has a better way to do this.

Any help much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Rab

adsbgreenock

Hi sir,

Thanks for replying.
I have this software licenced for my yaesu and also Ic7300.

Never knew anything about a remote function on it to be honest. I just opened it to take a look at the audio spectrum then closed it and left it alone.

OK ill take and see what I can do as it is a decent bit of software.

Regards

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
You could do it with this software, though it does require a one-time license fee for the software: Win4Yaesu Suite for Yaesu FTDX and FT991 Radios - Win4YaesuSuite for the FTDX and FT-991 Radios

This will give you control ON a particular PC. You'd have to log into that PC with some remote software (Anydesk / Teamviewer / RDP) to access it. It does not actually provide for remote access.

I think the OP is wanting something that he can integrate in with his radio hardware so that he can operate his radio remotely without the need to log into any computer (such as using a web interface to a device like a Raspberry PI running some software that talks to the Radio and has Mumble on it so that it supports both CW/SSB/digital modes operation remotely).

Mike

adsbgreenock

I think the OP is wanting something that he can integrate in with his radio hardware so that he can operate his radio remotely

Mike

Hello Mike, thanks for your response.
I was intrigued by that server device until I seen it was made by MFJ. Already lost an Rspduo to that company with their MF1780Bsdr switch that was faulty.

The software route is absolutely fine and I should've explained what I was looking for a bit better.

So it should run with Win4yaesu and Teamviewer. I was watching a video yesterday after posting here and seen that you can either use teamviewer to tx/rx audio, or you can use Skype.

So, I will go down that road and give it bash.

Thanks for all your advice.

Kind Regards