Yaesu C4FM packet data (PC to PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I've read that you can use packet data(PC to PC) via D-Star, but when looking at Yaesu System Fusion, it only mentions APRS. Personally, I have little to no use for APRS. But packet data, yes please!

Did I miss something? Is there any way to use USB/Serial or use Bluetooth on a Yaesu handheld and get the 9600 baud C4FM data goodness PC to PC?

Thanks!

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
To the best of my knowledge, neither Yaesu nor the user community has developed any means of transferring data using System Fusion (C4FM) other than digital voice and low-resolution images.

Thanks.

This is a bit disappointing, as it would be an innovative packet data implementation in amateur radio hardware to push 9600 baud in only 12.5khz. As far as I know, only commercial hardware can push that.

I hope this changes, and having a HT with a built in modem/tnc of such performance, and being a dual band device would be absolutely awesome.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
Fusion symbol modulation does not.
I understand the transmission baud rate of C4FM is 4800 (2 bits per baud) for a 9600 bps data rate. But the input to and output from the radio is still operating at 9600 baud right, because it’s serial? Is that right? I’m just barely getting into data over C4FM, though my focus is P25 and not Fusion.

-B

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I don't think there are any data modes available in fldigi that will pass error-corrected data at the equivalent of 9600 bps. Besides, the OP is looking for a means to pass data using the already existing data capabilities in Yaesu System Fusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.