Yaesu: Yaesu DR2X & Henry amplifiers

Fox4

I'll be putting up a new yaesu dr2x soon. Running in automatic to switch between analog & digital. The repeater itself is 50 watts max. I'm debating on getting an amplifier for it. I was looking at the continuous amps made by Henry. Particularly the 5 in 100 out version. I'm having a hard time finding reviews of those amplifiers. To get a heads up on are they good & reliable. Or if running a dr2x is a problem with them or not. What's the take on Henry amplifiers? Good/bad?

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Henry has been around for years. There are many old school analog repeaters still running Henry PA’s. Not sure about any newer models.

Another go to it Crescend, plenty of those in operation in commercial applications.

rf_patriot200

I'll be putting up a new yaesu dr2x soon. Running in automatic to switch between analog & digital. The repeater itself is 50 watts max. I'm debating on getting an amplifier for it. I was looking at the continuous amps made by Henry. Particularly the 5 in 100 out version. I'm having a hard time finding reviews of those amplifiers. To get a heads up on are they good & reliable. Or if running a dr2x is a problem with them or not. What's the take on Henry amplifiers? Good/bad?
Our club is running a new DR2x on 444.800 analog/fusion w/IRLP on the analog side @10 watts out in to a mirage amp. While using Team Viewer to monitor activity. 1 Year out with no problems.

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
Henry rack mount repeater amps are fine, been out there for many years with very few problems. I would run the DR-2X at 20w as mine spews out a lot of spurious garbage at 5w causing defense. Many DR-2Xs have burned up at 50w so I think 20w is the best level to run on those. You can either get a 20w input amp or use a 6dB power attenuator to get 20w down to 5w to drive an amp.