yaesu Ft-250r Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

I bought a brand new yaesu ft-250r in January and it has worked flawlessly until the other day. I took it off the charger and it would not turn on. I then turned if off and turned it back on and the display read
U4 FFF.FF 75. I have tried to reset it like the manual instructed me to and still a dead radio or the error message I just referenced. I also tried another battery from my friend's FT-60 and still the same problems. I called yaesu and they claimed that they no longer service that radio??????How could that be since it just came out a few months ago? Any ideas what might be wrong?

K

kb0nly

Sounds like some wires got crossed talking to the rep... Still serviceable, and still being manufactured and sold.

What dealer did you buy it from? Your still within your warranty if you bought it brand new in January. Call the place of purchase, explain it to them, and ask how to proceed with a warranty repair.

N8IAA

I bought a brand new yaesu ft-250r in January and it has worked flawlessly until the other day. I took it off the charger and it would not turn on. I then turned if off and turned it back on and the display read
U4 FFF.FF 75. I have tried to reset it like the manual instructed me to and still a dead radio or the error message I just referenced. I also tried another battery from my friend's FT-60 and still the same problems. I called yaesu and they claimed that they no longer service that radio??????How could that be since it just came out a few months ago? Any ideas what might be wrong?
Provided you sent in the warranty card, take it to the dealer where you bought it, and have them send it in for repair. The Yaesu warranty is for one year from purchase.
HTH,
Larry

Funny thing...the same thing happened to me today while I was unmasking some channels in memory mode. I shut the radio off, and even with a fresh battery charge, it won't turn on. I'm only like 50% sure I have a valid warantee though. If it isn't valid, what should I do? @peterjmag-
How did your problem work out? I need mine working ASAP, so any help would be appreciated in solving this issue.

Thanks

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.