Yaesu: Yaesu FT-60 and Chirp

I uploaded programming from one FT-60 to Chirp just fine. I want to copy that same info to another FT-60 using Chirp. When I go to load the programming from Chirp to the radio, I keep getting error messages. I have researched the issue, but none of the tips/tricks work for me; I still get error messages. I am using the latest version of Chirp. I even tried cloning the info from one FT-60 to another; but still get errors. I follow the steps to a "T" but I feel like I an missing something. Has anyone else experienced this and did you overcome it? If so, how?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

k6cpo

Is it really worth the hassle of Chirp just to save a few bucks? I don't think so. I purchased what at the the time was supposed to be Yaesu software and cable for the FT-60. When I opened the box I found a RT Systems disc and cable. The cable and software worked the first time and has worked every time I've made changes since then. I also have the RT software for other radios which makes it a snap to transfer programming from radio to another.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I recall Chirp and one of the big 3 radio companies HTs don't play well together. I'm not a Chirp users so I don't have confidence in my recall. Google will help find any issues. Using the cloning cable and clone function in each radio does not speak well of the heath of the radio(s) data.
Good Luck!
Mike

FKimble

Might help if you give us a more info. Maybe tell us what the error msg says? I use an older version of Chirp because the latest(couple years ago) didn't work. Now every time I open it , it tells me there is a newer version, which I don't down load. PS using on a couple FT-60's.

Frank

k6cpo

I recall Chirp and one of the big 3 radio companies HTs don't play well together. I'm not a Chirp users so I don't have confidence in my recall. Google will help find any issues. Using the cloning cable and clone function in each radio does not speak well of the heath of the radio(s) data.
Good Luck!
Mike
I believe that's Yaesu. They've also said they won't repair any radios bricked by using Chirp.