Yaesu FT-60R - Removing Memory from Memory Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbcue

Anybody know how I can remove a memory from a memory bank yet still retain the physical memory in the "no bank" area?

Thanks!

stevolene

funny you should ask, I ask someone about that the other day, he said I couldnt remove them but I could move them around, I bought an FT60 at a hamfest a week ago in a different area, I need to do the same thing, there is a way you can completely reset the radio, its in the manual, let me know if you learn anything, Im curious myself

Gbcue

Per the manual's table of contents: Page 32 - "Deleting Memories"

I know that, I have this memory duplicated in two banks. I want to rid this memory from one bank yet retain it in the other, so I can't physically delete the memory.

N8IAA

I know that, I have this memory duplicated in two banks. I want to rid this memory from one bank yet retain it in the other, so I can't physically delete the memory.
Do you have the programming cable? If so, go to http://www.kc8unj.com and download FT60 commander software. Makes it sooo very simple. Don't have the FT60 anymore, or, I would look it up in the manual. It tells how in the memory bank section though.
Larry

jbaker6953

Anybody know how I can remove a memory from a memory bank yet still retain the physical memory in the "no bank" area?

Thanks!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I figured out the answer to this question. The way you remove a channel from a memory bank on the FT-60R is add it to the same bank again. In other words, the steps to add a channel to a memory bank is a toggle. Do it once and the channel's in, do it again and the channel is out.

NOTE: You have to be in the memory bank that contains the channels you want to delete. So, if you wanted to remove a channel from memory bank 2, you have to be in memory bank mode and in memory bank 2 in order to remove channels.

Last edited:

Gbcue

Anybody have an experience with FT-60 Commander?

For some reason, the program won't write to my radio even though I'm following the directions. It downloaded all the memories just fine though...

barryfltht

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I figured out the answer to this question. The way you remove a channel from a memory bank on the FT-60R is add it to the same bank again. In other words, the steps to add a channel to a memory bank is a toggle. Do it once and the channel's in, do it again and the channel is out.

NOTE: You have to be in the memory bank that contains the channels you want to delete. So, if you wanted to remove a channel from memory bank 2, you have to be in memory bank mode and in memory bank 2 in order to remove channels.

Man o Man..... I must have worked with this for over an hour trying to figure it out.... Did a search and saw this, tried it and presto.... Thanks for the info, even if this is an old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.