Yaesu ft 60R

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm1993

Hello I'm a new technician looking to buy the yaesu ft 60r any feed back?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm a little biased, so I have to say the vx-6r is better! But the ft 60 is ok too. :)

n9zas

ab6ojll

1. The price..( the cheaper the better for the same function).
2. Battery type..(Ni vs Li difference for the future replacement.)

K

kb0nly

FT-60R is a very solid radio, can't go wrong with it. I have had one for years and love it.

timkilbride

Database Admin
How about the Wouxun KG-UV2D? Trying not to break the bank here :)

I have the UVA1. Its small, good battery, excellent antenna, and 16 channels. I spent $115 for radio, cable, software, and shipping.

My biggest two gripes about the radio are:

1) Not a true priority scan like /\/\ or Kenwood
2) Can't edit scan list on radio, must use computer. And that goes for all the Wouxun radios, including the ones with full keypads.

I have no way to measure the output power, but a few days ago I talked simplex to a FT60 10 miles away on VHF.

Tim

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
I also have the FT-60R. Took it in on a trade for a scanner. I have three (3) HT. I have the Vertex VX-150 (VHF ONLY), an Alinco DJ-V5 (brand new) and the FT-60R. I tend to use the FT-60R 95% of the time. It also gets great reports, for an HT!

mm1993

Thanks guys! I ended up getting the yaesu fr60R thanks for the feed-back!

KD0KQL

Hi. I have 2 FT-60's and have worn almost all the keys on one blank because I carry and use it every day. I keep the other one for possible selling. A great little HT! Anyway, to all who own the FT-60 E-DC-5B mobile power adapter, if you hear any noise in the part that plugs into the lighter receptical, stop using it ASAP! The heat sink has broken loose from the PC board and will soon break the traces. Mine started to rattle and then within a week quit working. Not a really big job to re-solder the traces that were broken, but shouldn't have failed. Cheap adhesive used. I rate the FT-60-R a 5 / 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.