Yaesu: Yaesu FT-65r belt clip

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
So my whole area is encrypted now for police, fortunately different fire zones on my Phase 2 simulcast system are rebroadcast on VHF High. I also live right on the Delaware River shipping lanes and draw bridges.

The reason for the preamble is I've adopted the ft65 as a scanner, one of my clubs 2m repeater inputs is less than 2 miles away on a 13th story building. The bottom line is I use the radio all the time now, loud volume and very rugged. Scans fast enough for me.

I carry it on my belt, always have it with me now just using the OG rubber duck. With my belt tightened I slide in and out between the belt and my pants and has worked great. When I jump in the car I pull it off and I put it on a pro clip made to fit belt clips and it brings the antenna above the dashboard.

Needless to say I put a lot of stress on the belt clip especially when I'm sitting down and moving around.

Be careful! If you're a regular user like me and always using the belt clip, go easy on it. Yesterday I was putting it on my belt and it just broke apart, spring and all. Disintegrated is a better word but it was broken plastic.

Ordered a replacement this morning from DX engineering and will ship out today.

Everybody be real careful, I will be from now on, it's not invincible LOL.. Bob