Yaesu: Yaesu FT-8900 Communications Timeout error

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I tried to reprogram my FT-8900 tonight but kept getting a "Communications timeout error," It's never happened before. I'm using RT Systems software and it's been updated. I tried several times but the process was aborted about three-quarters of the way through, Everything up to that point was normal. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or is the radio going south on me?

One other piece of info: the progress bar moves across normally. It doesn't pause. It just stops around the 12,000 mark,

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Curious why you assume that it's the radio. Have you talked to RT Systems? It's their software and, I assume, their cable.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Curious why you assume that it's the radio. Have you talked to RT Systems? It's their software and, I assume, their cable.

....or the computer. Actually, it's likely not the radio and I don't know why I worded the inquiry that way. I'm using an Acer Netbook (10" diag. screen). I've used it for programming for years at home and on the mobile command bus and it's always performed flawlessly, at least, so far. It has software for TM-V71, VX-6, TK-7160, TK-7180, FT-2900, VX-3 and FT-8900R

I will reload the software. Failing that, I'll contact RT Systems. Their support facilities are not open on weekends and I encountered the problem last night (Sun.).

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Problem was solved. Apparently it was the computer. Before reloading the software or making any calls, I did the one thing that I should have done first: re-boot the computer. Worked like a charm.

It had been some time since I actually turned the computer off because I usually closed it up, putting it to sleep. That's fine...most of the time but not this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.