Yaesu: Yaesu FT-991A Driver Problem

JBreid

I have committed the one thing that every article I have ever read relating to this problem has said not to do; I plugged my radio (Yaesu FT-991A) into my computer's USB port before downloading and installing the driver. I did not do this intentionally (A recent scan by CCleaner deleted the driver without my knowledge), but the end result is basically the same. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have tried restarting the computer, downloading and installing the driver again, and running the same process on CCleaner in an attempt to reset whatever setting had been altered. The computer refuses to display the drivers in device manager and does not recognize the radio's presence at all. As far as I can tell the computer is treating the port as a power-only port. To complicate things, the radio is switched to transmit whenever I plug in the cable, which makes testing difficult. I would appreciate anything on the subject. My computer is a Dell Inspiron with Win10.

rf_patriot200

I have committed the one thing that every article I have ever read relating to this problem has said not to do; I plugged my radio (Yaesu FT-991A) into my computer's USB port before downloading and installing the driver. I did not do this intentionally (A recent scan by CCleaner deleted the driver without my knowledge), but the end result is basically the same. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have tried restarting the computer, downloading and installing the driver again, and running the same process on CCleaner in an attempt to reset whatever setting had been altered. The computer refuses to display the drivers in device manager and does not recognize the radio's presence at all. As far as I can tell the computer is treating the port as a power-only port. To complicate things, the radio is switched to transmit whenever I plug in the cable, which makes testing difficult. I would appreciate anything on the subject. My computer is a Dell Inspiron with Win10.
Maybe disable CCleaner in your settings. I use my 991A with RT Systems software, and I don't use CCleaner on my ASUS vivobook.

JBreid

I have completely uninstalled CCleaner, but it did not solve the problem. I am attempting to use the Silicon Labs USB-UART bridges (silabser.inf). The driver should be turning the USB port into an audio in/out port for digital modes.