Yaesu: Yaesu FT4XR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge47

I have a special purpose for this HT. I only want this one for simplex freqs. All of the online videos show programming for repeaters. I dont get how to program just one freq. per channel to scan. Would someone feel sorry for this old dummie and post a step by step tutorial for this, please ?
Thanks in Advance, Sarge47

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
See page 14 in the manual... The auto-offset / repeater shift setting in the menu might be ON (menu29). This would cause the TX frequency to be different (offset) from the RX frequency. For simplex operation, be sure that the offset is OFF or set to SIMPLEX (whichever applies - menu 31)).

Last edited:

k6cpo

See page 14 in the manual... The auto-offset / repeater shift setting in the menu might be ON (menu29). This would cause the TX frequency to be different (offset) from the RX frequency. For simplex operation, be sure that the offset is OFF or set to SIMPLEX (whichever applies - menu 31)).

Every Yaesu I've ever programmed could differentiate between repeater frequencies and simple frequencies automatically because the band plans are incorporated in the firmware. In other words, if a repeater frequency were entered, the radio would automatically apply the proper offset direction (+ or -) and amount of offset (600 KHz or 5 MHz on a dual band radio.) The tone and tone settings have to be entered separately.

For a simplex channel, all that's required is to enter the frequency when the radio is in VFO mode and then follow the steps required to write it to memory.

Looking at the FT4XR manual, it appears this radio is just the same. All you have to do is enter the simplex frequency—making SURE it is a designated simplex frequency according to the band plan—and then write it to memory. No change to the AUTOMATIC REPEATER SHIFT (ARS) menu setting is required!

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Every Yaesu I've ever programmed could differentiate between repeater frequencies and simple frequencies automatically because the band plans are incorporated in the firmware. In other words, if a repeater frequency were entered, the radio would automatically apply the proper offset direction (+ or -) and amount of offset (600 KHz or 5 MHz on a dual band radio.) The tone and tone settings have to be entered separately.

For a simplex channel, all that's required is to enter the frequency when the radio is in VFO mode and then follow the steps required to write it to memory.

Looking at the FT4XR manual, it appears this radio is just the same. All you have to do is enter the simplex frequency—making SURE it is a designated simplex frequency according to the band plan—and then write it to memory. No change to the AUTOMATIC REPEATER SHIFT (ARS) menu setting is required!
This is true. However, if you need to program a repeater output to use simplex in the event of a repeater failure, you will need to manually program this. In any case, the use of programming software is highly recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.