Yaesu: Yaesu FTM-100DR Receive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Greetings, Fellow Lodge Members!

Happy New Year to my fellow Yaesu lovers. I've got a bunch of Yeasu gear, both VHF/UHF and HF and I love the brand. This is the first time I have had a real issue since being licensed and getting my VX-5R in 2003:

I have a Yaesu FTM-100DR that has recently decided to stop acting as if analog FM signals are analog and behave as if the received signals are digital. Let's say a memory with an analog repeater that was being received normally in the recent past. The signal was coming in full quieting, the meter was pegging, the LEDs were displaying green on the bottom and green on the top and the communication mode display was indicating FM as it should. Now, for no apparent reason, the same repeater is pegging on the on the meter, but there is NO AUDIO, the LEDs are indicating BLUE on the bottom and green on top (as it would when C4FM was being received) and the communication mode display is now indicating "DN" instead of FM. This is happening whether it's this particular repeater or even NOAA Weather Radio in the VFO mode! In addition, I am able to monitor things just fine with my scanner in FM mode, so it's not as if the repeater suddenly went digital on me!

I have done a factory reset and though it helped once, the rig has gone back to doing it again and I had to do a reset again, which fixed the problem. This is not a good fix, though, because it's not permanent. I'm wondering if there may be a glitch with the firmware or the micro-SD card, some sort of corruption thingy. I am going bonkers here. Any suggestions are appreciated. There is nothing in the manual that is helpful, nor is there anything in the menus that has helped. Thx & 73 de W4PKR

Last edited:

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Actually I finally figured out the problem! I forgot that I have to get out of WIRES-X mode when I'm in it! Excuse me while I whack myself upside the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.