Yaesu: Yaesu FTM 300D and Wires X Set-up

rowhit_6

After a couple weeks of watching YouTube videos and reading every line of the Yaesu/Wires X setup doc, I'm partially connected but still very confused about the operation. I love digital Fusion C4FM mode but I'm left very confused about use and installation. At this point I only want to operate on Wires X. I'm all set VHF/UHF and 70 cm mode radios. Please is there someone I can call who will walk me through the processes? My radio is registered with Yaesu and have the node numbers. The Wires X software is also installed and the 300 drivers are installed.

I would be grateful for the assistance of a savvy FTM 300d/Wires X. Best, Robert Whitlatch K6OWF Boise, Idaho

prima19rider

Premium Subscriber
Good luck, Yaesu tech support was never able to get my system to work. The latest issue is that my node and room are not found. Email to Yaesu are not being answered.

rowhit_6

I think I found it. And can even replicate it. I’m sure it’s how I installed the drivers. Because if I plug in the radio already set to WiresX Direct and the computer knows the radio is connected, then open WX, then go into device manager and chose the installed driver that knows WX is on board AND press the DX button on the radio, the jingles play and I’m in. I’m sure this is not by the book but at least I can operate on the radio. And I would again be grateful for the assist.
There is not a lot of willing support for this. I just want to get on the air and make contacts.