Yaesu: Yaesu FTM-7250 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I purchased an FTM-7250 and have some programming questions. I am using the 7250 programming software to program... and hopefully will eventually learn the keypad functions and entry.

I have a couple of questions to start:
1. I don't see an option for Hold or Lockout/ Avoid while the radio is scanning. Is there any that I am missing?
2. I don't understand the "Tone Mode". On the channels with CTCSS programmed, I am currently getting some interference when I have "Tone" selected. When "T SQL" is selected, the radio passes the channel while in the scan mode, and no voice or other audio is heard. Shouldn't "Tone" eliminate the interference I am hearing?

hill

Premium Subscriber
Tone mode just transmits a tone and carrier squelch on receive. Tsql has a tone on transmit and receive. A lot of ham repeaters don't transmit a tone, so Tsql won't work. If you have it on Tsql and the repeater does't transmit a tone you receiver won't open and will not receive the audio.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
When I have Tone selected, the radio does not allow audio to pass through it (on each channel I have programmed) during a transmission. I have my ctcss tones correct, but can’t figure out what is wrong.

bill4long

I don't see an option for Hold or Lockout/ Avoid while the radio is scanning. Is there any that I am missing?

No. What you can do is program the channel to skip while scanning, which you probably already know, but not a quick way to hold/lockout like scanners typically have. You have to stop scanning, go into the menu and setup the channel, then start scanning again. This is true for most ham transceivers that scan.

k9wkj

What specific software are you using to program it, Yaesu or RT Systems?
yes I wanted to know also , in case I missed something
as of a minute ago Yaesu has no software for the 7250
a topic of much cursing to Mr.Yaesu

as I am not paying $50 to program a $180 radio
when most everything else they sell has provided software

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
I'm using the RTS. I believe yps7250. Thanks to all for the input. I was a little surprised by the lack of yaesu software. I guess I kind of thought the software was yaesu, but I saw a post on Yaesu’s Facebook page stating they would not discuss the software since it was not a Yaesu product. Maybe not... but it makes their product easier to use.

I’m still a newer ham and this is the first new radio I’ve purchased.

k6cpo

yes I wanted to know also , in case I missed something
as of a minute ago Yaesu has no software for the 7250
a topic of much cursing to Mr.Yaesu

as I am not paying $50 to program a $180 radio
when most everything else they sell has provided software

In that case, it appears as though your only alternative, other than front panel programming, is CHIRP and I suggest you stay as far away from that as you possibly can. Yaesu has repeatedly said that if the radio is programmed with CHIRP and anything happens to it, they won't repair it under warranty.

robertwbob

KE0WRU
John Krup (Yaesu National Sales Manager) has repeatedly explained that programing with Chirp damages the radio and they will not repair it.
Bill
i am beginning to belive they cant fix anything. The dsp board was not secured properly,key mic n talk while mobile n things happen. After 2 trips to yaesu i opened case n dang there is the problem . Radio just keeps getting worse n they send it back not fixed . Its back again at yaesu. This has made me decide NO MORE YAESU if they cant fix this 1 which so far hasnt happened

robertwbob

KE0WRU
Drop John an email. He seems very responsive to problems presented there.
got his full email address?.after the dsp board being loose,talking on it not knowing it was loose has to damage about every componet. And id bet if they ever fix 1 item its going to be a steady repeat of this out,that out. Many items stressed id say

robertwbob

KE0WRU
Must have gotten a dud because my 7250 has been running flawlessly since I bought it new last fall.
1 of mine works fine other 1 pos frim day 1.but i suspect in a few years,like when warrenty runs out the good 1 will mess up too.remove case or cover.look they used SPONGE FOAM RUBBER 3/8" STICKON DOOR SEAL and depend on the case cover to hold the digital speech processer in place.
Natural time plus heat will form that rubber and dsp board will loosen up n do what my bad 1 did.
Yaesu must farmed this out to china,very flimsy weak point.
But open yours n eye it i think you might consider replacing that rubber every year or 2. But thats my point of view and opinion.
I have studied a way to hold it more secure than yaesu did n im thinkin it over

Status
Not open for further replies.