Yaesu fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GearJammersc

I have friend that use the FTM 7250. He uses his in Digital Wide. I myself have the FTM3200. My question is the 3200 has digital Narrow only will i be able to communicate with him and others who run digital wide.

KD8DVR

Just tell him to run in digital narrow to talk to you. Most people run DN anyway. Their AMS ought to switch them to DN when they talk to you anyway.

Still, I thought the 3200 could operate in DW mode, if it detected someone talking in such mode.. It just couldn't initiate a call in DW. Just set your AMS transmission mode to AUTO

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
On any Fusion radio the DW mode will sound better. However, you will not be able to transmit any data like your position. Many Fusion nodes and rooms want you to use DN. With the FT3200 and the FT70 that don't have GPS you won't be able to send position data anyway. If you're just talking on a local repeater it won't matter much, but if you want to use Wire-X and connect to the outside world, it will matter.

n9upc

The VW (Voice Wide) mode takes up the whole 12.5 Khz bandwidth for voice where the DN (Digital Narrow) mode takes up the 6.25 Khz bandwidth. VW does sound better but as stated does eliminate a few options in DN that some radios offer.

On the FTM-32xx series you cannot select VW mode. You can only select FM or DN. However, if someone calls you in VW and you reply back it will still be heard on both ends.

As a point of correction...DW means Date Wide and is only used by the radio to send text messages, pictures messages, voice messages, or send Fusion telecommands. It is not accessible by the user and is data in the 12.5 Khz bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.