Yaesu Introduces System Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
I almost pulled the trigger on a System fusion radio at Dayton this year, but decided to let that oppertunity go away because i just couldn`t (right now anyway) see a use for this mode, might have a look again next year after they (Yeasu) get all the kinks worked out, like linking, which i was told it won`t do right now :(. So, i just let this one "leave the station" for this year, and mabey i`ll have another look next time :). I`ll say this, the mode does have promise, IF they can get the linking thingy worked out (among other things too). N9NRA

AA9VI

I almost pulled the trigger on a System fusion radio at Dayton this year, but decided to let that oppertunity go away because i just couldn`t (right now anyway) see a use for this mode, might have a look again next year after they (Yeasu) get all the kinks worked out, like linking, which i was told it won`t do right now :(. So, i just let this one "leave the station" for this year, and mabey i`ll have another look next time :). I`ll say this, the mode does have promise, IF they can get the linking thingy worked out (among other things too). N9NRA

Please help me to understand the point of releasing a new digital format repeater 9 years or so after D-Star, and 4-5 after DMR with no linking. Yaesu marketing team in Tokyo: Please put down the reefer.

N8OHU

Please help me to understand the point of releasing a new digital format repeater 9 years or so after D-Star, and 4-5 after DMR with no linking. Yaesu marketing team in Tokyo: Please put down the reefer.

Do remember that the current linking capabilities of D-STAR were added to it by the users in addition to the default operating configuration of callsign routing, so it's not like Yaesu choosing to work on one part of the system at a time doesn't have some precedence.

Status
Not open for further replies.