Yaesu VX-170 Charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

bReed11091

I normally charge my VX-170 in the VAC-370 rapid charger, but this time I decided to use the standard overnight charger that it came with. It had been well over 10 hours and the red light was still on. When I unplugged the charger the radio said about 9.0v, so I left it alone. I'm going to discharge the battery and try it again when it's dead, but has anyone else had this problem? I thought the LED was supposed to turn green when it's done charging.

Swipesy

Mine always stays red. The manual does not say the LED changes. It only says do not charge more than 24 hours at a time.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
I don't have the rapid charger for mine, I just use the supplied AC adapter. I would assume the rapid charger stops charging automatically either by battery voltage or a timer, thats why the LED turns green. The AC adapter doesn't stop charging so the red LED is always on. That's also why the manual says to not charge for over 24 hours. It keeps charging as long as it's plugged in, even if the battery is fully charged.

Last edited:

bReed11091

Ok, I should have looked in the manual before I posted. It has been so long since I used the supplied charger that I completely forgot how it worked.

NS6677

Vac 10 Rapid Charger

I paid 39.85 I believe for both a rapid charger and extra battery for my Yaesu FT270R, I bought mine off ebay and couldnt be happier. How much did you guys pay for the VAC 370?

Status
Not open for further replies.