Yaesu: Yaesu VX-6 low receive question

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanat

Hi,

My friend gifted me a vx6 he had laying around and after testing it i found that the receive on it is too low when compared to Another yeasu vx6 my friend has and my ft70. I have changed antennas and it does not seem to be antenna issue, the solder connection for antenna also seems intact. I have replaced the filter on the radio which people have mentioned could go wrong but it did not change the receive. I have tested both input and output on the filter and seems like its working good. Is there anything else which i could look into. Also putting it in wide mode does not help and same issue with AM mode as well.

ShawnInPaso

Premium Subscriber
Sorry forgot to mention ATT is off. I noticed that the 440 frequencies are working fine. Seems like the issue is just with 120-160mhz frequencies. So i am thinking maybe there’s issue with the 50-300mhz circuit.
I was hoping it would be an easy fix for you. I have two VX6R's and they have been very faithful radios even with the abuse I've given them.

romanat

I was hoping it would be an easy fix for you. I have two VX6R's and they have been very faithful radios even with the abuse I've given them.
Thank you for the reply. I have been struggling with the issue. It just seems to be the VHF frequencies, so i am out of ideas as what it could be. I am trying to open up the rf pcb and then will try to see what could be wrong with it. Have also left message to yaesu to see if they can give an answer as if i can send it in for repair.

n4ttw

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply. I have been struggling with the issue. It just seems to be the VHF frequencies, so i am out of ideas as what it could be. I am trying to open up the rf pcb and then will try to see what could be wrong with it. Have also left message to yaesu to see if they can give an answer as if i can send it in for repair.
Good luck, and let us know what they say

Status
Not open for further replies.