Yaesu VX-6R: Deleteing Memory Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4uad

Ive had two for about 3 years now and am very versed with this radio. The only weird thing i can find about it is the inability to delete a programmed memory channel. Yes i know it can be done with the software and I know its easy enough to program another frequency in the same memory slot, but does anyone have the keypad way to do it? p.s. no problem with deleting a memory from the program "bank"s, just want to completely remove it without using the software or programming over it.

hill

Premium Subscriber
I don't think is possible with Yaesu radios to delete a single channel. I own both the VX-150 and FT1500. Both of these radios have no way to delete a channel without programming a frequency over them. I like the Yaesu radios, but it is a drawback by not being complete this function. I have accidently stored a frequency in channel in the FT1500 in the mobile and that is just locked out, so can scan with radio.

Larry

kg4uad

Ok, thanks Larry I was wondering if it was just me. I dont have alot of Yaesu equipment but I did notice that the FT-7800 will let you completely wipe out a memory and these radios are close to the same vintage so i found it surprising the VX didnt have this feature.

Thanks 73's

Kg4uad

W6SAE

Premium Subscriber
I know this is an old thread, but I found another solution that will be useful to others (like myself) who have also encountered this problem.

You can "mask" the memory, as shown on page 38 of the VX-6R manual. "Masked" memories are not visible during memory selection or scanning. Later, if you decide to actually store a frequency in that memory slot, you can do so right on top of the masked memory as if it weren't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.