Yaesu VX-6R Transceiver Adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizz5500

My Yaesu VX-6R transceiver is transmitting off frequency by 4khz. I already know the procedure to but the radio in Test/ Adjustment mode.

My question: Does any member happen to know the parameters to adjust the transmit frequency? I also noticed my programmed PL/DPL channels are sometimes skipped during all band scanning. Hopefully a related issue that can also be corrected in the test mode screen. Thank you in advance for responding to my post

nd5y

I had a VX-6R years ago but don't remember if the reference oscillator adjustment was in the test mode software or a trimmer on the board.
Also several years ago I emailed Yaesu tech support about a problem with another model and they sent me a free .pdf copy of the Technical Suppliment, which is their name for the service manual. I don't know if they sill do that.

wizz5500

Thanks Tom:

I was able to find the service manual supplement on the Repeater Builders site. After a 5 minute realignment my VX-6R is as good as new. Thanks again for the tip.

Frank...

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks Tom:

I was able to find the service manual supplement on the Repeater Builders site. After a 5 minute realignment my VX-6R is as good as new. Thanks again for the tip.

Frank...

Can you post a link to it?

Thanks,

n9zas

ShawnInPaso

Premium Subscriber
Wow, thanks guys - it's my lucky day. I have been getting reports that the audio from my VX6R is "mushy". I was a bit perplexed, nothing changed, same internal mic and so on. Then upon seeing this thread I wondered if the TX frequency was a little off as I had not thought of that causing the audio to be "mushy".

So, I broke out my trusty frequency counter and sure enough, my TX frequency was off by about 1.5khz on the 440 band.

I then downloaded the technical manual (Yaesu / Vertex / Standard / Horizon Information Index) as described. After reading through it a couple of times to figure it out, I did the TX frequency adjustment too (all done via keyboard/dial BTW). The VX6 is happily back on frequency and no more mushy audio.

Thanks again -

Status
Not open for further replies.