Yaesu VX-7R

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
Would anyone happen to own and use an Yaesu VX-7R? I'm borrowing one from a friend and curious on what keystrokes are needed to show the battery meter/levels? I can't find any info on how to get this to display.

-Rylak (KJ6UXZ)

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
Forgot to mention I have the PDF manual. Appreciate the reply, I was hoping there would be an option to show a battery level bar of sorts. I know it may be stupid, but I like to know what my conditions are, even if the bars aren't exactly accurate. but the manual showed me how to display DC voltage, but not how to show the actual battery strength.

-Rylak (KJ6UXZ)

Essexscan

the battery meter is at the bottom right corner see page 10 when the battery is fully charged it wont show any meter. after the battery voltage drops a little it will show a full meter then drop bar by bar till it blinks showing recharging is needed

see page 3 for the locating of the battery icon so you know where it should be

Last edited:

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
the battery meter is at the bottom right corner see page 10 when the battery is fully charged it wont show any meter. after the battery voltage drops a little it will show a full meter then drop bar by bar till it blinks showing recharging is needed

Right, but how do I enable this? There is no icon on the lower right corner, and no mention of how to enable this. Page 10 refers to Page 68 which only shows DC Voltage. But I want a physical bar representation.

-Rylak (KJ6UXZ)

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Right, but how do I enable this? There is no icon on the lower right corner, and no mention of how to enable this. Page 10 refers to Page 68 which only shows DC Voltage. But I want a physical bar representation.

-Rylak (KJ6UXZ)

On the vx-7 you don't enable the battery display. You will see it when the battery drops below a preset voltage but not until then.

n9zas

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
On the vx-7 you don't enable the battery display. You will see it when the battery drops below a preset voltage but not until then.

n9zas

Gotcha, I have been using/monitoring with it for a few hours, and would think it would say something! It does have various power saving features enabled. Nice little radio for sure. Hopefully I can buy one someday. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

-Rylak (KJ6UXZ)

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Rylak, one of my portables uses the same battery as your vx-7 so if it's in good shape with savers on you should see 10-12 hours of use from a full charge.

Enjoy!
n9zas

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
Rylak, one of my portables uses the same battery as your vx-7 so if it's in good shape with savers on you should see 10-12 hours of use from a full charge.

Enjoy!
n9zas

Wow 10-12 hours? That's amazing! Good to know and I'm very much enjoying talking to people on this thing. What a great hobby to get into.

-Rylak (KJ6UXZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.