Yaesu VX-8DR Memmory

Status
Not open for further replies.

darg

Hi Guys,

I started organizing the repeater in my area not only in the memmory but also destributing them into different memmory banks. I have most of them in the banks but every time I add up another repeater to one of the banks after I had the radio turned off I can't do it.
The messages are either 'Reg Bank' or 'No Bank'. I have two named banks running at the moment, the remaining banks have still the Yaesu names with 'Bank' and a number. I have to safe the repeater at first to one of these default named banks before I can safe it in one of my named banks. Does anybody ever encountered this? Where can I get a failure/error list? Yaesu does not have one for download and the manual has nothing about error messages.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
darg,
Driving a Yaesu can be confusing. Buttons have short duration press functions and long duration press functions. The best I can get from your post is that you might be in a mode that does not support saving or you have not saved the new repeater information yet. It is difficult for me to clearly understand your post.

If you have the PDF version of the file on your computer it is easy to search for “No Bank” and see what it has to say.

What I did was limit my loading of information into my VX8 until I had the RT System software and cable. It is much easier to load the radio in this manner and save the front panel changes to minor updates. Plus you will have a backup if you ever have the radio’s microprocessor go off in the weeds and you need to reset.

darg

The situation came up when I figured out that I had skipped some channels and I wanted to push them from the MR into a certain bank so the repeater was in the MR already.
I will down load the manual as PDF and see what comes up.
Is the software compatible with the DR version? It's not mentioned in the brochure that I have and also not in the manual.

Thanks

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
darg,

Good question and I have not read any comments posted about the compatibility between the two versions. I am sure RT would comment if asked.

Good luck with the radio, I regret sometimes selling mine. I wanted to play with D-Star and sold the 8 to help finance the 92ad.

Mike KE5VYU

Status
Not open for further replies.