Yaesu VX-8DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbthomps

I have a tech. support question. I purchased a yaesu VX-8DR handheld. My yaesu was set on a police freq of 460.125 on the B-Band and it worked ok, but recently the audio stopped(strangely on B-Band only, signal bars no sound) but when I switch to A band with the same freq audio works? On the B-Band the signal bars are present ,but no trans volume or sound. I can input a amateur freq and key the PTT button on the B- Band and the repeater replys back and I can hear the sounds of the repeaters automated voice. On B-Band when I visually observe the signal bars on freq 460.125, I que the moni button and can hear the station, so I'm assuming the B-band receiver is weak, as I can hear the station on A-Band Help! tbthomps

TBennettcc

... so call Yaesu?

You can reach Yaesu at:

Vertex Standard USA
10900 Walker Street
Cypress, CA 90630

For customer service, technical support, or parts, please call:
(714) 827-7600

Before sending your radio for repair, please contact our Customer Service Department by telephone (extension 1300) or at the e-mail address below. Verify that warranty or billable service is available for your radio. To send in your radio for repair, please pack it carefully. Use the original packing materials, if available, and place it inside an additional box. Ship via UPS, preferably. Insure your shipment for the full replacement value. The shipping address is:

Vertex Standard USA
Attn: Amateur Repair
10900 Walker Street
Cypress, CA 90630

Please include a cover letter and describe the problem(s) you are experiencing in as much detail as possible. Provide your daytime telephone number, return shipping address (not a P.O. Box number), and your e-mail address, in case we cannot reach you via telephone.

To follow up on status of a repair, you may also send e-mail to customerservice@vxstdusa.com.

Source: Welcome to Yaesu.com

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Make sure the B band is not set for APRS. From what I've read elsewhere, that will mute any non-APRS signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.