Yagi Antenna Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonian149

I want to make a yagi antenna and I need to drill holes that are perpendicular along a 48" piece of pvc tubing. How do I drill the holes, I have a drill press, I am assuming I will need a Vee-Block which I can make out of a piece of wood. Can someone give me an idea of the best was to do this. I have googled, but haven't found anything yet. Thanks in advance--Gary

k9rzz

I guess you could make a wooden "V" jig and use some hose clamps to hold it in place. Me? I'd eye ball it. (hand drill too)
icon12.gif

prcguy

I usually drill the first element hole then stick in a rod the same diameter as the element and eyeball the rod and rotate the boom to keep the rod and drill bit lined up parallel for the next hole.
prcguy

ERICMYERS

The trick is to have the entry hole made on a line. with the pipe clamped in some kind of jig, whatever the first hole's exit is, relatively speaking, the rest will be too.

It's fairly simple to make a line on tube use masking tape - 2 pieces with an appropriate gap to maintain parallel.

A pencil, crayon or chalk line is easy too...clamp the tube to the bench, and hold the marking device perpendicular while running it along the length....if you want to be really accurate in this method, tape the crayon to a speed square.

doing brass....just lay it on very flat concrete and drag it to make a mark.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.